- 120g butter
- 120g caster sugar
- 2 X-large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 120g self-raising flour
- 1 2 Tbsp milk
For the buttercream icing
- 140g butter, softened
- 280g icing sugar
- 1 – 2 Tbsp milk
- Food colouring – select to fit with animal prints
- Pre-heat oven to 180deg.
- Prepare a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases
- Cream the butter & sugar together until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs a little at a time then add vanilla extract
- Fold in the flour using a large metal spoon, adding the milk a little at a time until the mixture is at a dropping consistency. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until they are half full
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into one of the cupcakes comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
- Beat the butter in a bowl till soft then add ½ the icing sugar and beat till smooth
- Add the remaining icing sugar and add more milk if required to reach a smooth and creamy consistency,
- Add food colouring as desired to create the animal patterns.
- Decorate to your full imagination!